When travelling, whether for business or pleasure, it’s essential to have easy access to snacks, beverages, and other necessities. Traditional hotel vending machines have limited options and are not necessarily healthy or satisfying. However, hotel micro-markets offer a convenient and affordable alternative for travellers.
Hotel micro markets are typically located in a convenient location within the hotel, such as the lobby or near elevators. They often have self-checkout kiosks or mobile apps to make purchasing items quick and easy for guests.
The specific items included in a hotel’s micro market can vary depending on the hotel’s location, target market, and guest preferences. Micro-markets typically offer a variety of items that can be found within them.
In response to a growing demand for more specialised and tailored offerings for their guests, hotels are now expanding their selection of items to meet the diverse needs of their clientele.
- Snacks: Common snack items include chips, nuts, pretzels, crackers, popcorn, candy, and energy bars.
- Beverages: Guests can typically find a selection of bottled water, soda, juice, energy drinks, and coffee drinks.
- Fresh Food: Some hotel micro markets offer fresh food options such as sandwiches, salads, and fruit cups.
- Tech accessories: Some micro markets offer a selection of charging cords, headphones, and other tech accessories.
- Travel-size essentials: Micro markets may offer a range of travel-size essentials, such as toothbrushes, toothpaste, mouthwash, hand sanitizer, sunscreen, and insect repellent.
- Travel accessories: Travel accessories like neck pillows, eye masks, earplugs, travel-sized luggage scales, and TSA-approved locks may also be available.
- Medications: Micro markets may carry over-the-counter medications like pain relievers, cold and flu remedies, and antacids.
- Healthy food options: Many micro markets offer healthy food options like fresh fruit, vegetables, hummus, and yoghurt, which can be beneficial for travellers who are looking for nutritious options on the go.
- Local products: Some micro markets may offer locally made snacks, beverages, and souvenirs, which can be an excellent way for travellers to experience the local culture and support small businesses.
- Frozen meals and snacks: More than just ice cream and popsicles, many micro-markets offer frozen meals, snacks and dessert options that can be heated up in the microwave. Are you tired of eating out at a restaurant? These fast and convenient gourmet options, such as the meal options available from Four Corners Gourmet, offer a little taste of home on the go.
By offering a variety of items, hotel micro markets provide guests with a convenient and easy way to purchase items they may still need to bring with them or to grab a quick snack or drink while on the go.
So, next time you are at a hotel, ask the front desk if they have a micro-market and look around before heading to your room to see their available options.